Sound Meditation | Oscillating Prana
What is sound meditation?
This phrase is very prominent these days, and most of us are simply curious on how sound meditation can help us achieve focus, and re-engage our “true self”. If I were to point to a single phrase that encompasses the importance of sound in relation to the human psyche and personal well being … It would be this.
“If you want to find the secrets of the Universe, think in terms of energy, frequency, and vibration” -Nikola Tesla
We as humans are walking energy, vibrating at multiple frequencies. If we’re to break this idea down into the esoteric realm of Chakra meditation …. It is important to note the seven major Chakras and the Universal OM have their own individual frequencies/notes. The Chakras are an intricate energy system that communicates with our bodies glandular functions.
The importance of developing the Pranic Energy Body connection with Chakra balancing involves initiating the subtle energy body via yoga and meditation. This can be accomplished with sound meditation to help focus working with the specific Chakras and developing our subtle energy bodies ability to “oscillate” with an external sound catalyst.
This workshop is designed to be accessible by all levels of yogic, and meditative pursuits and will cover these subjects>>
• Sound meditation theory involving both esoteric and analytical approaches.
• Spinal Pranayamic breath via Shushumna visualization.
• Chakra energy point stimulation via visualization and “brushing / stirring” techniques.
• Chakra Bija Mantra toning and optional Mudra exercises.
• Breath Awareness, focusing Mantra, and optional 3rd eye “lock”.
• Following these exercises I will perform a 1 hour Chakra sound meditation. Students will have an opportunity to either lay in Svasana, or sitting meditation to include optional Chakra visualization, Mudra, and 3rd eye lock.
• All attendees with receive a high resolution 1hr long Himalayan bowl Chakra meditation and “cheat sheet” with Chakra descriptions, Mudra, and Mantras.
• Students will leave this class with the ability to practice, and develop their own personal meditation practice.
> Please wear layers of comfortable clothing, bring a yoga mat, and blanket/pillow.
For an audio preview of the sound meditation go to www.shaamaahs.com/music
* $50.00 / person
* pre-registration & payment is required on MINDBODY
* 48 hour cancellation policy